Makes 4 servings
(6 Points per serving)
1 large potato, peeled and diced small
4 eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute)
2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
4 shallots, peeled and chopped fine
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 oz (3/4 cup) shredded lowfat mozzerella cheese
1 oz (1/4 cup) shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Stir in garlic and onions and cook on medium heat until soft.
2. Add diced potato and cook until nearly translucent (about 10 minutes). Stir in chopped red bell pepper and cook an additional 2 – 3 minutes, then stir in corn and cook an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
3. In separate bowl, stir together eggs and cheese, then pour over top of potato and pepper mixture. Cook over medium heat for 6 minutes.
4. Remove skillet from heat; place under broiler and broil for 2 or 3 minutes, until top is firm and fritatta is cooked through.
5. Serve warm or cold. Salt and pepper to taste.
(Recipe adapted from this one)