Makes 4 servings, about 5 points per serving
(modified from original recipe)
8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, cooked (whole wheat preferred)
2 cups sugar snap peas (or other preferred crunchy veggies)
2 cups diced cooked chicken
3 tablespoons peanut butter (chunky is fine)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Combine all sauce ingredients in medium sauce pan and cook over medium heat until well blended. If desired. Stir in chicken and sugar snap peas; simmer for 1 – 2 minutes to thoroughly coat.*
Remove sauce from heat, stir sauce and pasta together, serve.
Note – this dish is also delicious when served cold.
*We prefer our veggies to retain a little bit of crunch. Depending on the vegetable(s) you use, they may require some cooking prior to adding to the sauce.
Makes 4 servings
8 ounces uncooked linguini
5 pieces turkey bacon
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can sliced mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 (12 oz) can evaporated skim milk
1 cup frozen peas
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook bacon until crisp; dry thoroughly and chop fine
3. In 1 teaspoon oil, cook onion, garlic and mushrooms until soft (about 5 minutes). Set side
4. Combine flour and seasonings in small dish. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and heat to medium. Stir in flour mixture; whisk 1 minute until toasted
5. Add evaporated milk, stirring constantly, until boiling
6. Add diced bacon, cooked veggies, lemon juice, peas and cheese. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly
7. Stir in cooked pasta. Serve warm.